Ovocný trh 6,
Praha 1, 11000
- The Chamber Kolowrat Theatre (Komorní scéna Divadla Kolowrat) is housed in the attic of the Kolowrat Palace located downtown Prague, at Ovocný trh. Since 1953 the Kolowrat Palace has been part of the National Theatre housing its administrative and technical support. It was renovated in the late 1980s together with The Estates Theatre under the direction of architect Miroslav Repa.
- Beginning September 2014 and lasting three seasons, the Kolowrat Theatre was home to the Prague Shakespeare Company which produces William Shakespeare’s plays in English. Since 2017, the Kolowrat Theatre includes several professional theatre companies, such as ArtWay and Činohra 16:20. Recently, the theatre’s programming has focused on original chamber production, particularly for young audiences.
STUDIOS / REHEARSAL ROOMS:
- Chamber scene for an audience of about 100 people on the 3rd floor of the Kolowrat Palace in Prague.
- Attic space under a mansard roof with a lower ceiling (2.7 m). Stage (10 × 8 m) for variety of uses. The theatre’s lighting and sound equipment is available.
- Capacity 60–120 persons.
- We do not provide accommodation.
- Projector, supertitle machine, other equipment.
- Arts residencies are available from June to September.