POD JAVORY, Komařice 17,
Komařice, 373 14
- The sought-after artist residency space POD JAVORY 17 is located at the foothills of Gratzen Mountains, in the village Komařice. For the third year the place has been providing space for artists in search of inspiration and new approaches in their artistic practice—contemporary dance, theatre, and literature. POD JAVORY 17 is a farmhouse at the village square with an enclosed courtyard, in the vicinity of woods, meadows, groves, and ponds.
- In the farmhouse, capacity 11 people (attic rooms for 2–5 people). A detached house in the garden, fully equipped, capacity 4 people
- Attic, floor size 7 x 7 m, ceiling height 5 m.
- Equipment: basic audio and lighting, an insulated flooring with varnished particle boards or cushioned dance flooring placed on a wood grating floor. Dark theatre curtains.
- For dance, movement, and theatre residencies.
- We prepare meals from fresh produce sourced locally and partially from our own garden.
- We can accommodate residents’ dietary restrictions.
- 1 week to 3 months
- Chill-out area, workshop, garden, ponds, calm and peace for creative work.