The Cabin Studio is a newly emerging centre for artistic residencies run under the patronage of the Studio Hrdinů theatre. The Cabin occupies the building of a former gamekeeper’s lodge located in Pěčice, Mladá Boleslav, and offers space for concentrated work on projects in all stages of development in the disciplines of dance, performance, visual arts and literature.
The residents may use a studio with basic technical equipment (6,5 x 8 m) and be provided with accommodation (for up to six people) as well as boarding, if desired.
WE OFFER RESIDENCIES IN THE FIELDS OF:
- DANCE AND PHYSICAL THEATRE – up to 3 two-week residencies; the possibility of a project presentation at the end of the residency
- LITERATURE – up to 4 six-week residencies, the possibility of a project presentation/reflection – public reading, discussion, &c. – in the course of / at the end of the residency
- VISUAL ART – up to 3 three-week residencies for a plein air practice
- MANAGEMENT – up to 3 five-day residencies for independent culture managing teams
Our goal is to support emerging as well as established professional artists in the fields of physical and mimic theatre, dance, performance and other related non-verbal genres.
The prospective residencies will take place from mid-May to September 2022.
WE ASK THE APPLICANTS TO SUBMIT:
- their CV
- link to their website / portfolio in the PDF format
- letter of motivation as well as the statement of artistic intent for the residency including the potential public presentation of the residency’s outcome (2500 characters max.)
- preferred date and length of the prospective residency
Submission deadline: 29. 10. 2021
The results will be announced in the first two weeks of November 2021.
- The length of the residencies will depend on the granted funding for 2022.
- The residents are provided with accommodation and space for their practice.
- Financial participation of the residents amounts to 15 % of the residency’s costs.
- The residents also cover their travel and boarding costs.
Lucia Račková, firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 608 893 399
SOURCE: STUDIO HRDINŮ