The Individual Mobility Action of Culture Moves Europe provides financial support to partially fund the cost of travel (transport, accommodation, etc.) of an artist or a cultural professional residing in a Creative Europe country and going to another Creative Europe country to implement a project with an international partner (organisation or individual). The international partner (organisation or individual) is an associate that agrees to host the individual artist(s), guides him/her/them through their working environment and implements the project with him/her/them.
The mobility scheme allows artists and cultural professionals (A&CP) to internationalise their activities and horizons by pursuing one of the following objectives:
- To explore: To explore Europe’s rich cultural heritage to inform, direct or inspire their own creativity.
- To create: To co-create or co-develop art with A&CPs from other countries.
- To learn: To participate in non-formal learning.
- To connect: To develop or deepen international professional relationships.
The first rolling call is open from 10 October 2022 to 31 May 2023. During the rolling call period, a ‘cut-off’ date will be set on the last day of each month (see timetable below).
WHO CAN APPLY?
The call is addressed to:
- Individual A&CP or groups of individuals (from 2 to 5 people) who are natural persons;
- Aged 18+;
- From all educational qualifications and levels of experience;
- From all cultural and creative sectors covered in the Culture Strand of the Creative Europe programme: architecture, cultural heritage, design and fashion design, literary translation, music, performing arts and visual arts;
- Legally residing in a Creative Europe country;
- Applicants legally residing in Ukraine will exceptionally have the option to directly apply for a virtual mobility.
In addition, special attention will be given to emerging artists and cultural professionals.
WHAT ARE THE MOBILITY CONDITIONS?
The conditions are the following:
- The mobility duration includes travel time and project implementation:
- For single individual: the duration should be between 7 and 60 days,
- For groups of individuals (2 to 5 people): the duration should be between 7 and 21 days.
- The mobility must take place within one year, starting from the signature of the grant agreement;
- The mobility must be uninterrupted;
- The mobility must take place in a single destination;
- Applicants legally residing in Ukraine, will exceptionally be allowed to directly apply for a virtual mobility;
- Beneficiaries having previously received an i-Portunus mobility grant are eligible to apply, but priority will be given to first-time applicants;
- Beneficiaries having received funding from the Culture Moves Europe Mobility Scheme will not be allowed to re-apply;
- The mobility support cannot be awarded retrospectively for actions and projects already completed.
In the case of group applications:
- A “group” is a fixed number of people (from 2 to 5 persons) having the same coherent mobility project. People from the group can come from and return to different countries, but the mobility project requires the group to travel to the same country of destination, during the same period;
- The mobility must focus on one single group project;
- One person (“the group leader”) must submit the application for the entire group. Nonetheless, the application will include the name, nationality, date of birth and country of residence of all the other group members;
- The group leader has to submit one artistic portfolio for the group, and individual CVs for each group member;
- If one (or several) person(s) from the group do(es) not undertake a trans-national mobility, the person(s) in question will not receive the mobility grant. Culture Moves Europe only supports individual artists and cultural professionals who undertake a trans-national mobility;
- A member of the group cannot act as an international partner (organisation or individual).
The first rolling call is open from 10 October 2022 to 31 May 2023, 23:59 CEST.
During the rolling call period, a ‘cut-off’ date will be set on the last day of each month:
- 31 October 2022, 23:59 CEST
- No cut-off date in November 2022
- 31 December 2022, 23:59 CET
- 31 January 2023, 23:59 CET
- 28 February 2023, 23:59 CET
- 31 March 2023, 23:59 CET
- 30 April 2023, 23:59 CEST
- 31 May 2023, 23:59 CEST
Evaluations Period: approximately 2 weeks following every cut-off dates.
Publication of results: approximately third weeks of each month until June 2023.
Mobility period: at any time, for the duration agreed within one year after signature of the grant agreement.
Further rolling calls are going to be open in autumn 2023 and autumn 2024.
HOW IS THE MOBILITY GRANT CALCULATED?
The financial support is a contribution composed of 2 elements:
A. The mobility grant includes:
- Travel costs from the place of residence to the place of destination. Culture Moves Europe aims at encouraging applicants to choose sustainable ways of travelling and to opt for slow travel.
- It is not possible to travel by plane to destinations within 600 km and the transport allowance is 350€.
- If the destination is between 601 and 5000 km away, the transport allowance is 350€. The destination can be reached by plane, but if you choose another means of transport, you can receive an additional allowance of up to 350€.
- If the destination is 5001 km or more, the transport allowance is 700€. The destination can be reached by plane, but if you choose another means of transport, you can receive an additional allowance of up to €350.
- Daily allowance (also called ‘per diem’) to contribute to Contributes to accommodation, food, renting equipment, local transport, etc. is 75€ / Day.
B. Extra costs and top-ups
- Support for A&CP living with a disability amount up to 100% of the mobility grant.
- Green top-up: all transports except airplane: 350€
- Outermost Regions (ORs) and Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) top-up: 150€
- Visa top-up: 80€
- Family support for A&CP with young children below the age of 10: 100€/A&CP.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications must be submitted in English, online through the Goethe-Application Portal.
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2023, 23:59 CEST.
Applicants will be required to:
- create an account on the Goethe-Application Portal;
- fill in the application online, on the Goethe-Application Portal.
The applicant will need to provide the following information (group leader and group members, in case of group applications):
- Personal details,
- Educational background,
- Professional experience,
- Mobility project (one collective project in case of group application):
- Description of the project and main objective,
- Relevance of the project,
- Details on international partner and project preparation,
- Expected long-term outcome,
- Sustainability aspects.
The following documents will have to be uploaded on the Goethe-Application Portal:
- CV in PDF format (individual CV for each group member in case of group application);
- Artistic portfolio in PDF format (one per group in case of group application);
- Proof of preparation in PDF format (signed document by the international partner – organisation or individual – confirming the collaboration with the applicant);
- Proof of legal residence
- Proof of disability and family top-up (if applicable).
Attend one of the ‘Culture Moves Europe Open Questions Sessions’ organised regularly every Friday from 11:00 CEST online via ZOOM. Check the dates on social media and website!
If you are interested in information in the Czech language, check out the “Webinar” and “Questions and Answers from the Webinar” sections of the Kanceláře Kreativní Evropa.
SOURCE: CULTURE MOVES EUROPE