An artistic research development programme that aims to support creative research in contemporary performing arts.
Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay invites artists, curators, programmers, writers, researchers and practitioners across all disciplines in the performing arts to apply for the 2nd edition of the Contemporary Performing Arts Research Residency 2024, taking place in Singapore from Apr to Jun 2024.
The Contemporary Performing Arts Research Residency is a new artistic research development programme by Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay, supported by the National Arts Council, Singapore.
By providing its residents with the time and space for artistic inquiry, experimentation, development, research activities and opportunities for interdisciplinary and transcultural dialogues, the residency aims to support creative research in contemporary performing arts.
The applications can be submitted through an open call. Each cycle will revolve around a thematic focus conceived to respond to critical issues in our present moment. In 2024, the residency proposes the thematic focus Decentring Access.
SUPPORT MADE AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
- Shared-working space
- Studios when required
- Accommodation and international travel to/from Singapore, if from abroad.
- Resources for organising a public programme (to be further discussed with the residency team)
- Access to the Selection Panel for consultation to help strengthen research
- Access to other residents for peer feedback and support, if sought
- Programming support in the form of research connections, networking, etc.
Individuals working and researching within any discipline(s) in the performing arts in Singapore and across the world including artists, curators, programmers, writers, researchers and practitioners.
- Application deadline: 30 April 2023, Sun (11:59 pm, GMT +8)
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome by Aug 2023.
- Period of Residency: Apr – Jun 2024
For more information on the residency and application process, please click below: