Deadline: 15/12/2022 - 08/01/2023
Sign up for the new tep39 open call, we are selecting 4 projects, each will have 40 hours of rehearsal between January-June 2023!
WHAT’S GOING ON?
OPEN CALL: residency for January-June 2023 is a new format of residencies provided by the tep39 studio. They are created so that it is possible to count on the residency longer in advance and include it in your production plan.
In 2023, we will list the following residences:
- OPEN CALL: rezidence na leden-červen 2023 (4 rezidenti)
- OPEN CALL: stay-in týdenní rezidence na červenec a srpen 2023 (4 rezidenti)
- OPEN CALL: rezidence na září-prosinec 2023 (2 rezidenti)
We will also have short-term residences, as in previous years, but we will always select only 1 resident:
- OPEN CALL: rezidence na březen – duben (1 rezident)
- OPEN CALL: rezidence na květen – červen (1 rezident)
- OPEN CALL: rezidence na září – říjen (1 rezident)
- OPEN CALL: rezidence na listopad – prosinec (1 rezident)
Our goal is to support professional artists in the beginning of their career in the field of physical, mime and dance theater, dance, performance and related nonverbal genres. We want to provide space for artists who do not yet have long-term support, are working on a current topic that would lose urgency by waiting for support, or are looking for a new direction in their practice without the necessity to create a show.
Tep39 is a movement studio established in May 2020 in prostor39, a DIY revitalized house in Prague – Žižkov, providing space for culture of many genres. It is run jointly by Kachní spolek and prostor39. For more information see tep39.cz.
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- 40 hours of rehearsal, which can be used in the form of intensive residency or regular rehearsals. Specific dates and times will be bindingly agreed upon with the selected artists during January. IMPORTANT! The main times offered by the tep39 studio for residents are Monday-Friday 10-16:30! Weekends or Friday evenings are possible by prior arrangement.
- tep39 studio space, equipped with a ballet floor, mirrors, basic sound, a chill out zone, yoga mats, etc.
- Guided feedback after the presentation / work in progress in tep39. (By agreement, it is possible to mediate or provide feedback also during the residency.)
- We do not provide accommodation or cover travel expenses for residents.
WHO DO WE OFFER IT TO:
The target group is mainly young artists at the beginning of their careers and those who are looking for new forms / paths. We target creators who need space for their research and are looking for new direction of their work, whether they are dancers, performers, mimes or other artists active in the field of movement theater. We will give priority to projects and creators who do not have long-term support and / or respond to current topics.
WHAT DO WE REQUEST:
- presentation or work in progress with a length of 10-30 minutes for professional public
(There is no need to prepare a stage form, just a short presentation or performance of the collected material. We want to support not only the artists who are preparing a show, but also the research itself, the search for new authentic forms, etc. without the need for results.)
- the WIP will take place some time at the end of the residency, together with another resident/group
- in case of further life of the project, state tep39 and prostor39 as project partners
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the completed form by January 8, 2023, we will announce the results by January 15, 2023.
- fill out this ONLINE FORM
- attach your CV / resume
- send us a VIDEO MAXIMUM 5 min long, WITH TWO PARTS – YOUR INTRODUCTION AND VIDEO MATERIAL (see in a link bellow)
You can find more about the open call and the form of the video HERE.
Projects recieved after the deadline or not meeting the open call criteria will not be taken into account.
The residency program is supported by the State fund for culture CZ.
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com.