Petrohradská kolektiv announces an open call for artists to participate in an international program Artist in Residence for the year 2023.
The residency program is intended for active artists, creators, and theoreticians, who desire independence and want space and technical support for working on their projects. That’s what the Petrohradská kolektiv AiR program offers in the heart of a multi-genre cultural center in Prague. The goal of the program is creating an open platform for international artistic dialogue, interconnection of different cultures, and support for emerging artists working with diverse media.
Residency is an opportunity for independent professional development, artistic exchange, networking, and experiments.
The resulting outcomes of the residencies will be showcased in Jedna Dva Tři Gallery of Petrohradská kolektiv complex at group show. The main theme of the exhibition program for 2023 is Survival course, therefore we ask all the applicants to take this into account when submitting their projects.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Residencies are intended mainly for artists with interests in creative sharing and participation in the field of Prague contemporary art scene.
Prospective participants should introduce us concrete projects that would be realized within their stay in Prague. The final result of the residency will be traditionally showcased in our own Jedna Dva Tři Gallery. Anyway, the form of the output can be adapted according to each project’s nature.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Accommodation and a studio in the Petrohradská kolektiv complex
- Covering the travel and material costs (up to 200€)
- Technical support and consultation
- Exhibition in Jedna Dva Tři Gallery (or an alternative)
- Free entrance to all the events organized by Petrohradská kolektiv
The original idea behind Petrohradská kolektiv was to make a community space for creativity and art practice, where there’s a place for both efficient working and pleasant relaxing, where you can focus on your own projects and then take a break without the necessity of leaving the building.
Within the AiR we provide a technical support, promotion, and a curatorial assistance. Travel and material costs are covered up to a maximum of 200€.
We know that a convenient working environment is fundamental, therefore within the residency we provide a shared studio with a workshop with basic equipment with an area of 60 square meters, a photo/video studio, and a recording studio. Each project requires different technical equipment, therefore the technology needed is consulted with each artist individually.
Each participant gets a private room in a 3-room apartment with a common area, a kitchen, and a bathroom. The apartment is situated on the ground floor of the Petrohradská kolektiv building.
Petrohradská kolektiv organizes many cultural events within its complex. All of the residing artists get to attend these events for free.
Within the AiR program, which works in parallel with other events, there’s an opportunity of collaboration with artists and mentors from different cultural backgrounds. Thanks to that, our residents can actively participate in various programs of Petrohradská kolektiv.
- Participation in the residential program requires communication skills in English or in Czech.
- Each resident is obligated to prepare a final report of their stay including a photo documentation.
- Participants of the AiR program of Petrohradská kolektiv are required to spend at least 75% of the duration of their stay in the place of the residency.
- The stays include an author’s presentation (or its online equivalent) and an exhibition output or else.
- The residency must be completed within the specified period and it is not possible to interrupt it.
- Individual residencies can last from 4 to 8 weeks between May and November.
- Residents are asked to suggest a preferred length of stay and if accepted, this can be arranged according to studio availability and schedule of exhibitions.
- The residency within the Artist in Residence program doesn’t require any fee paid by the resident. All costs of accommodation and equipment described above will be covered by Petrohradská kolektiv.
- The duration of the residency is 4-8 weeks, when the participant is obliged to finish their project and prepare it for the presentation in a form of exhibition.
- In the selection procedure, a maximum of 10 projects will be selected to participate in the AiR program.
HOW TO APPLY?
- We accept applications for AiR 2023 from December 30 2022 till February 15 2023, 12:00 PM CET.
- Please apply by submitting the filled form available on this website.
- The selection will be made by a committee consisting of Petrohradská kolektiv members, external curators of Jedna Dva Tři Gallery and allied professional artists.
- Results of the open call will be available on March 31 2023.
- We’re kindly asking all the potential applicants to thoroughly read the PDF file with all needed information below.
→ INFO PDF
→ more info: Petrohradská kolektiv
- Start of the OPEN CALL for AiR 2023: December 30 2022
- Deadline for submitting the applications: February 15 2023
- All applications must be submitted until noon 12:00PM CET.
- All selected applicants for AiR 2023 are informed via email.
Location: Petrohradská 13, 1010 00 Prague, Czech Republic
SOURCE: PETROHRADSKÁ KOLEKTIV