The Center for Choreographic Development SE.S.TA. announces an Open call for the year-long program ART CLUSTERS: Creative and Research Residencies in Žďár nad Sázavou in 2024. Residencies in 2024 will take place in five artistic clusters – creative residencies for 2-3 groups of artists at the same time.
The programme offers time and space to work intensively. Creatives from the fields of dance, new circus and physical theatre, as well as other disciplines, are invited to apply.
1. 1. 2024 – 31. 12. 2024 / Žďár nad Sázavou
Site-specific, meeting communities
Stimulating references and contexts for the work: the locations with centuries of history and a vision for the 21st century, the landscape of Vysočina, city infrastructures and, above all, meeting local people.
International, interdisciplinary networking
Diverse creative teams will cross paths at the clusters. The programme supports them to collaborate and share know-how.
The residency includes an obligation to present the project to a local audience. The presentation can take different forms, which always depends on the specific project and the phase it is in.
Art coaching, theoretical reflection
Renowned artists with coaching practices can guide teams through the creative process. In addition, professionals offer a theoretical perspective.
Open call, service:
- The open call for the whole year is announced in the autumn. Residencies take place year-round, in blocks (clusters).
- Participants are selected by an international jury of professionals composed of SE.S.TA’s partners and collaborators.
- The programme guarantees housing, rehearsal space, per diems and contributions to travel and artist honorarium.
In 2024 we are announcing the 5 Clusters:
- Cluster I. February 13.02. – 23.02. SE.S.TA. (Associated artists Cluster – showing work in progress 22.2.)
- Cluster II. March 05.03. – 15.03. (showing work in progress 14. 3.)
- Cluster III. August 13.03. – 23. 08. (showing work in progress 22. 8 ) – for artist focus on composition and giving workshops for violinist
- Cluster IV. October 15.10. – 25.10. ( showing work in progress 24.10.)
- Cluster V. November 12.11. – 22.11. (showing work in progress 21.11.)
Deadline for applications is October 12, at midnight.
Selection of residents will be announced on November 11.
Please use this link to apply: https://forms.gle/pUtKhcBs7TxwDrMg7
Project manager: Eva Dryjová, email@example.com, +420 607 548 259
NPO – Creative and Research Residencies Project 2024 (Grant application submitted in October 2023)