Apply for the second short tep39 open call in 2023, we are selecting 1 project for the period of May – June for 40 hours of rehearsals!
WHAT’S GOING ON?
OPEN CALL: RESIDENCY FOR MAY – JUNE is the second in 2023 of a series of 5 planned short open calls.
In 2023, we will list the following residences:
- OPEN CALL: one week stay-in residence for July and August 2023 (4 residents)
- OPEN CALL: residency for September – December 2023 (2 residents)
We will also have short-term residences, as in previous years, but we will always select only 1 resident:
- OPEN CALL: residency for September – October (1 resident)
OPEN CALL: residency for November – December (1 resident)
Our goal is to support professional artists in the beginning of their career in the field of physical, mime and dance theater, dance, performance and related nonverbal genres. We want to provide space for artists who do not yet have long-term support, are working on a current topic that would lose urgency by waiting for support, or are looking for a new direction in their practice without the necessity to create a show.
Tep39 is a movement studio established in May 2020 in prostor39, a DIY revitalized house in Prague – Žižkov, providing space for culture of many genres. It is run jointly by Kachní spolek and prostor39. For more information see tep39.cz.
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- 40 hours in May and June in tep39 which can be used in the form of an intensive residency or regular training. We will agree on specific dates and times with selected artists ASAP, main TIMES ARE 10:00-16:15 ON A WEEKDAY
- Studio tep39, equipped with ballet floor, mirrors, basic sound, chill out zone.
- Guided feedback after the presentation / work in progress in tep39. (By agreement, it is possible to mediate or provide feedback also during the residency.)
- We do not provide accommodation or cover travel expenses for residents.
WHO DO WE OFFER IT TO:
The target group is mainly young artists at the beginning of their careers and those who are looking for new forms / paths. We target creators who need space for their research and are looking for new direction of their work, whether they are dancers, performers, mimes or other artists active in the field of movement theater. We will give priority to projects and creators who do not have long-term support and / or respond to current topics.
WHAT DO WE REQUEST:
- presentation or work in progress with a length of 10-30 minutes for professional public
(There is no need to prepare a stage form, just a short presentation or performance of the collected material. We want to support not only the artists who are preparing a show, but also the research itself, the search for new authentic forms, etc. without the need for results.)
- the WIP will take place some time at the end of the residency (Feb. and April)
- in case of further life of the project, state tep39 and prostor39 as project partners
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the completed form by MARCH 26TH, we will announce the results soon after
- fill out this ONLINE FORM
- attach your CV / resume
- send us a VIDEO MAXIMUM 5 min long, WITH TWO PARTS – YOUR INTRODUCTION AND VIDEO MATERIAL (see in a link bellow)
You can find more about the open call and the form of the video HERE.
Projects recieved after the deadline or not meeting the open call criteria will not be taken into account.
The residency program is supported by the capital city of Prague and State fund for culture CZ.
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com