For 2023, Studio ALTA is opening a call for two residency programmes. Although we will not have as many studio spaces with the move to the new location of the Libeň Brewery, the intention to host and support the development of multi-layered artistic practices remains at the heart of our work. Thus, we are once again inviting artists, collectives as well as our colleagues from the production, management, dramaturgy and technical professions to temporarily take up residence in the House of Research and House of Rest.
HOUSE OF RESEARCH
27. 6.–8. 7. 2023
The House of Research is a twelve-day residency program designed as a shared space, a laboratory, for four individual artists and their research. The house serves primarily for processes in their early stage, for experimentation and building-up material, as well as a possibility for deeper immersion (or, conversely, emergence) from artistic research, or as a means to explore new layers of one’s own artistic practice.
The House of Research will offer its guests access to a shared studio and will secure space for individual work accompanied by three facilitated sessions focused on the exchange of knowledge and practice within the group.
The residency will conclude with a small public event, which will take form based on the needs and wishes of the participants.
- 5. 3. 2023 APPLICATION DEADLINE
- 19. 3. 2023 Results
- 27. 6.–8. 7. 2023 Residency dates
House of Research secures:
- space for four individual* artists from diverse fields of contemporary arts
- fee 12.000 czk (apx. 500€)
- accommodation & travels from non-Prague based participants
- shared atelier – working space
- technical assistance
- production support
In collaboration with the International Festival of Contemporary Theatre, Homo Novus / New Theatre Institute of Latvia, one out of four spots will be designated to a Latvian artist.
*considering our resources allocated to the residency, we prefer to host rather individual artists, yet to apply as a duo or small collective is possible.
In case you prefer an alternate way of applying, send the following materials at email@example.com:
- title of the process/project/research
- place of current residence (based in)
- contact phone number
- links to website(s) and social media(s)
- short description of own’s practice (max 600 characters)
- description of the process/project/research (max 1200 characters)
- personal context (max 800 characters): At which point in your practice did the residency application come to you?
- technical specifications: What do you need for your work?
+ you can additionally attach
- other materials that we could be interested in or should know about
- your expectations, doubts or what would you wish from the residency
14. 2. 2023 [17:00-18:00] Q&A zoom call, který zodpoví všechny vaše otázky.
- Meeting ID: 884 7682 6134
- Password: AIR_2023
- +420 731 468 447
Rezidentní program Studia ALTA je v roce 2023 podpořen z Národního plánu obnovy z programu Rozvoj kompetencí pracovníků KKS: projekty mezinárodní umělecké a odborné spolupráce.