Sokolovská 136/24 ,
Praha 8 - Karlín, 18600
- Studio ALTA in Prague’s Invalidovna neighbourhood is a cultural centre, creative hub, and a community centre and platform for meetings, mutual inspiration and collaboration between artists, activists and various social groups and individuals. The place provides ample opportunities for cultural and social experiences, studios and rehearsal rooms for artists, coffee shop, and a community garden. Together with our partners, we strive to open this rare Baroque building to the general public, emphasizing the principle of sustainability. The space of Studio ALTA serves individuals and organizations working in the area of arts and culture, education, urbanism, social area, and environmental protection.
- The following is available for your projects: rehearsal rooms, studios, common areas, space for presentation of artworks and performances, conference rooms, and a garden.
- ALTA Room: a space for performing arts, with technical equipment; dance, theatre, and multidisciplinary presentations; workshops, rehearsals, and residencies. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: light, sound, and projection equipment; floor covered with cushioned dance flooring. Elevation – auditorium with capacity of 50 people. Option to black out the room.
- Half Room: theatre and dance rehearsal room to study the projects; presentation of art research and work in progress; long-term rehearsals; events of various types; workshops and educational events. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: room capacity 30 people; sound equipment is available; light equipment could be provided by prior arrangement; parquet flooring with an option to cover it with a cushioned dance flooring; daylight.
- Boat Room: for smaller professional meetings. It could be used also as a conference room, club meeting room, or a rehearsal room for smaller projects; concerts and other events. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: max. capacity 30 people; daylight; no technical equipment available; chairs and tables could be provided by prior arrangement.
- Event Room: conferences, presentations, screenings, seminars, industry meetings; possibly an alternative exhibition space. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: a multifunctional space with mezzanine; back areas available; technical equipment (sound and screening equipment, microphones) could be provided by prior arrangement; max. capacity 70 people, including mezzanine.
- ALTA Living Room: community events, events for children, and events of non-profit organizations; classes and workshops; networking and industry meetings; film screenings, discussions. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: max. capacity 30 people; technical equipment by prior arrangement.
- Moving Room: an exercise studio for training and educational activities. One-time and repeat rentals available. Long-term rentals possible by prior arrangement. Community events and rentals for the public. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: Max. capacity 15 people.
ALTA Gallery: Exercise hall for trainings and educational activities, gallery for exhibitions. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION: Rehearsal room with a maximum capacity of 50 persons, parquet wooden floor covered with baletizol, daylight, possibility of dimming out, small sound system and other technical equipment is available upon request.
- Not provided.