Call for applications: artists’ and managers’ residencies, part of the ART-IN-RES residency programme, for the period March – November 2023, provided by selected host organisations in the Czech Republic. Open for Czech and international applicants working in contemporary theatre, dance, and other performing arts genres.
- Applications open date: 15 October 2022
- Deadline for proposals to host organisations: 15 November 2022
- Application deadline: 25 November 2022
- Results announced: no later than 15 December 2022
- Timeframe for residencies: 1 March – 30 November 2023
RESIDENCY PROGRAMME ART-IN-RES 2023:
The ART-IN-RES, a residency programme supporting residencies in contemporary theatre, dance, and other performing arts genres, opens its third annual call. The programme’s financial and administrative support is intended for residents as well as host organisations.
Artists, culture managers, and other culture professionals from the Czech Republic and abroad working in contemporary theatre, dance, and other performing arts genres can apply to the programme.
Based on this open call, individual projects (1-2 artists), group projects (3-8 artists), as well as managers’ residencies (3-5 people) will be supported. In 2023, we plan to support around 10 projects by providing residencies.
By providing artists’ residencies, the ART-IN-RES programme aims to support creative process and emergence of new projects. With the managers’ residencies, it offers space and time for intensive concentrated work on development, evaluation or long-term planning of cultural projects or organisations. The purpose of the ART-IN-RES programme is to promote cultural mobility and networking, experience-building, knowledge exchange and skills development of all those involved in the arts residencies.
The call is for residencies taking place from 1 March to 30 November 2023, lasting from 1 to 3 weeks for artists’ residencies and from 3 to 5 days for managers’ residencies in a selected host organisation.
Financial support is intended for residents and host organisations as follows:
- residents support: CZK 1,500 (€ 60) / person / day
- support of host organisations: fixed amount of CZK 1,000 (€ 40) / day + CZK 400 (€ 16) / person / day
The support of selected residents (artists/managers) is intended for reimbursement of personal costs associated with the residency (such as transportation, meals, daily expenses) and as a contribution to creative activity.
As part of the aforementioned support, host organisation shall provide residents with accommodation, facilities for creative activities, and ensure a successful course of the residency.
Additional services or support of other persons beyond the scope are subject to an individual agreement between the residents and the host organisation, possibly with a financial participation of the residents.
Residents shall make output from their residency available to the public, documenting it in a final report and with photographs.
- Artists’ residency: such as a public presentation of residents’ work-in-progress or a public intervention in space followed by a discussion with the public
- Managers’ residency: such as a presentation of the residents’ organisation to the public or the host organisation’s wider community, informing them about the progress and conclusions from the residency
SELECTION OF HOST ORGANISATIONS:
You can find a selection of host organisations online at www.artinres.cz. Please pay attention to the specific capacities and conditions of residency centres and choose venue(s) that fits your project and your needs. Studio ALTA, Tančírna, UFFO and Luhačovice Castle are NOT participating in this call.
HOW TO APPLY:
- You can find the application form to register to the programme HERE.
- The form includes: project description, project intent and residency goal, project team, technical requirements, CV, and a brief cover letter.
- The application must be accompanied by the host organisation’s Agreement to Provide Residency for your project in a proposed time period.
- Sample of the Agreement can be downloaded HERE / the format can vary / what matters is the host organisation’s agreement and signature of their representative.
OUR TIPS ON HOW TO PROCEED:
- Contact your selected host organisation using the email listed in their profile at www.artinres.cz.
- Write ‘ART-IN-RES 2023’ as the email’s subject line and ask the organisation to consider providing residency for your project.
- Describe your project, its intent and goal of your residency, list the project team, add your CV, and mention technical requirements.
- Give the organisation time to review your proposal and make a decision.
- Should the organisation be open to providing you a residency, agree on a tentative date and ask them to fill out and sign the required Agreement form.
- If they decide to not support your project, accept their decision.
- You may include multiple Agreements with your application / Host organisation may, too, agree to support multiple projects.
- Host organisations will nominate 3 projects of their preference; the final selection will be carried out by a dramaturgy committee of Nová síť.
Deadline for proposals to residency venues: 15 November 2022
Application deadline: 25 November 2022
Results announced: no later than 15 December 2022
Send the Agreement form(s) and any questions to Tereza Lacmanová: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ART-IN-RES is a residency programme carried out by the cultural organisation Nová síť, with support from the EEA Grants 2014-2021 and by the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic.
Photo: Project proLnutí under the choreographic leadership of Barbora Ptáčková in residency at Švestkový dvůr.