The Centre for choreographic development SE.S.TA. offers free places in a residential program in the grounds of Žďár nad Sázavou Estate in the period of November 9th – November 26th 2022.
- Within the program we provide artists with facilities for preparing performances, time for research, space to meet and share questions and experiences.
- Our priority is to support choreographers, but we are also open to creative projects in the field of theatre, literature, music and circus. We also host intercultural meetings between artists both from abroad and from the Czech Republic.
RESIDENCY IS TO BE HELD:
- November 9th 2022 – November 26th 2022
- Two or three groups of artists will work in the grounds within the given period. The meetings are organised with the aim to provide the residents with peer-to-peer knowledge sharing, international networking and to open doors to future potential cooperation.
- Residents are required to present their project to the local audience. It can be held in various forms always depending on a particular project or the phase the work is in. Usually, the output from the residency is conceived as a presentation of work in progress, workshop, a talk, etc. Works in progress performances will be held on November 18th and November 25th.
WORK IN PROGRESS IS TO BE HELD:
- 18. 11. 2022
- 25. 11. 2022
- The site-specific character of the place allows testing in the entire area of the site.
- Rehearsal spaces: space 15 x 25 m; space 6 x 25 m. Three interconnected fresco halls, each 9 x 12 m.
- There are several alternative spaces indoors and outdoors within the historical, inspiring site of the Estate that may be used, including unique historic cellars (40 x 8 m).
- The non-slippery flooring and the SPECTAT dance floor are available. So is the basic sound equiment: JBL speakers, 2 cases, LD Systems Road Buddy 10 HS.
- It is possible to order additional equipment, which will be charged.
TO APPLY USE THIS LINK:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
- 15. 9. 2022
- Eva Dryjová, production manager, +420 607 548 259, email@example.com