Jistebnice, 391 33
- A quiet countryside. Only occasionally a car, time to time a sound of neighbour’s circular saw. The theatre hall in our barn smells of a new wood floor, light seeps through the cracks of the boards. A refuge from heat and space for generation of ideas. We offer an artist residency in a small settlement Stružinec in the region of Tábor, 4 km from a charming little town of Jistebnice. There is the Jistebnice Highlands Nature Park nearby (woods, meadows, and pastures) with groves, stone partial walls, and old trees. Stružinec by Tábor is a small village with only eight houses and sweet neighbours. We respect each other; good relationship with our neighbours matters to us.
STUDIOS / REHEARSAL ROOMS:
- A hall (8 x 6.5 m) in a former barn with new waxed wood floor. There is no heating. The space does not have equipment nor theatre lighting.
- A smaller part of the barn (8×5 m) with a brick floor and sliding doors overlooking the countryside, with a kitchenette and a stove for heating in cold weather can be used for meetings, gatherings or cooking together.
- Our gardens and meadows amount to 6,000 m2; working outdoors is possible.
- A country house and a trailer, both include kitchen and bathroom.
- To be comfortable, we recommend the lodging for max. 6 people. But if you like each other and do not need much of comfort, more people can fit in.
- Projector, black-and-white printer, basic tools in the workshop (sander, drill), and two bicycles are available.
- We can prepare excellent breakfast from locally sourced ingredients.
- Grocery and other stores, postal office, restaurant, cultural centre, and a tourist information centre are located in the city of Jistebnice, 4 km away. Bio-farms are nearby. There is a restaurant 2 km away, within a walking distance.