- Moving Station is the only venue for independent theatre, dance, and interdisciplinary experiments in Pilsen. It all began in 2000 when artists occupied the dilapidated station building. Since then Moving Station has hosted artists from all over the world. The reconstruction of the building in 2015 gave rise to an opportunity for support of artists residencies and development of new forms of dialogue between artists and audiences.
- The Moving Station programme is centred on presentation of experimental, engaging, and original theatre and contemporary dance by Czech and foreign groups. We produce our own theatre plays, organise the Nastevřeno new theatre and performance festival, and co-organise Tanec Praha and Divadlo International Theatre Festival. Visual arts, animation, and film are also part of our programme. We run a cafe. Every year we organise regional showcases of amateur theatre productions. In addition, Moving Station runs the Dramacentrum Johan, a platform for projects focused on education in arts and theatre.
STUDIOS / REHEARSAL ROOMS:
- Theatre hall – a ‘black box’ (20 × 10 × 6(h) m) with a variable elevation; an auditorium for up to 120 people; the standard layout of the stage is 10(w) × 8(d) m. There is basic theatre equipment available (the extent of its use to be discussed per project), and permanent attachments are built in the ceiling of the hall for aerial arts. The ceiling height is 6 m.
- Small hall – a light-flooded room with a cast floor measuring 6.5 × 12 × 3.4 m, lined with windows on one side and a glass wall on the other side, can be partially shaded, equipped with a projector, screen and sound.
- We offer accommodation in attic studio directly at the Moving Station.