Jistebnice, 391 33
VISUAL ARTS RESIDENCY IN NAPLAVENO
Thanks to the programme of the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic NRP within the framework of the project Return to the Landscape we are announcing an open call for a residency for a visual artist (Czech Republic, Stružinec, Tábor district). Application deadline 23. 6. 2023.
Deadline: 31/05/2023 - 23/06/2023
- A quiet countryside. Only occasionally a car, time to time a sound of neighbour’s circular saw. The theatre hall in our barn smells of a new wood floor, light seeps through the cracks of the boards. A refuge from heat and space for generation of ideas. We offer an artist residency in a small settlement Stružinec in the region of Tábor, 4 km from a charming little town of Jistebnice. There is the Jistebnice Highlands Nature Park nearby (woods, meadows, and pastures) with groves, stone partial walls, and old trees. Stružinec by Tábor is a small village with only eight houses and sweet neighbours. We respect each other; good relationship with our neighbours matters to us.
STUDIOS / REHEARSAL ROOMS:
- A hall (8 × 6.5 m) in a former barn with new waxed wood floor. There is no heating. The space does not have equipment nor theatre lighting.
- A smaller part of the barn (8 × 5 m) with a brick floor and sliding doors overlooking the countryside, with a kitchenette and a stove for heating in cold weather can be used for meetings, gatherings or cooking together.
- Our gardens and meadows amount to 6,000 m2; working outdoors is possible.
- A country house and a trailer, both include kitchen and bathroom.
- To be comfortable, we recommend the lodging for max. 6 people. But if you like each other and do not need much of comfort, more people can fit in.
- Projector, black-and-white printer, basic tools in the workshop (sander, drill), and two bicycles are available.
- We can prepare excellent breakfast from locally sourced ingredients.
- Grocery and other stores, postal office, restaurant, cultural centre, and a tourist information centre are located in the city of Jistebnice, 4 km away. Bio-farms are nearby. There is a restaurant 2 km away, within a walking distance.
- Naplaveno can put the residents in touch with a verified and reliable babysitter who will look after the child/children at the location of residency centre for reasonable fee. She also speaks excellent English.