Malovice, 384 11
- The Plum Yard (Švestkový Dvůr) is an artist residency programme designed for all art disciplines — dance, theatre, new circus, musicians, and visual artists, and also for writers and translators. The place is also a home for the Continuo Theatre whose company members work and live here. In addition, the Plum Yard operates a cultural centre with programme for children and adults, community activities, and educational projects. In 2015, the place was completely renovated. It is located on the edge of a small South Bohemian village Malovice, 7 km from Vodňany. There is no infrastructure; as such it provides space for creative concentration.
STUDIOS / REHEARSAL ROOMS:
- Theatre Hall (12 x 18 m, performance area 12 x 12 m) – with a complete inventory of theatre equipment, ceiling height 10 m, height of the truss construction 5.7 m. Small hall (10 x 10 m) – basic technical equipment, suitable for smaller productions.
- Rehearsal Room (9 x 9 m) – height approx. 8 m, basic technical equipment.
- Music Studio (approx. 5 x 7 m) – suitable as a music rehearsal room or for smaller theatres, such as marionette productions.
- Workshop – with everything for the production of scenography.
- Shared Areas – large kitchen, common area with bar, showers, toilets.
- All rooms have sanded wood floor. Cushioned dance floor is available.
- Accommodation is available either in furnished, insulated trailers with heating, bedding and towels provided, or in shared rooms in the building.
- Capacity is 20–40 people, always depending on the current projects. In general, the Plumb Yard can host about 50 creatives; and 100–200 people in the audience for onsite productions.
- Residency workspace with unlimited number of hours. Technical equipment is available. Accommodation for artists. Meals can be provided by prior arrangement.
- We can provide also other, event production-related services (such as production, marketing, graphic design, costume production, etc.).
The Plum Yard was founded in 2013; the artist residency programme in 2015.