The Cabin Studio is a newly emerging centre for artistic residencies run under the patronage of Studio Hrdinů. The Cabin occupies the building of a former gamekeeper’s lodge located in Pěčice, Mladá Boleslav, and offers space for concentrated work on projects in all stages of development in the disciplines of dance, performance, visual arts, music and literature.
The residents have at their disposal the cabin’s studio (6,5 x 8 m) with basic technical equipment. If desired, there is also a possibility of accommodation (for up to six people) as well as boarding.
WE OFFER RESIDENCIES IN THE FIELDS OF:
- DANCE AND PHYSICAL THEATRE – up to 4 three-week residencies; the possibility of a project presentation at the close of the residency
- LITERATURE – up to 4 six-week residencies, the possibility of a project presentation/reflection – public reading, discussion, &c. – in the course / at the close of the residency
- VISUAL ARTS – up to 5 three-week residencies for a plein air practice and computer animation
- MUSIC – up to 4 three-week residencies; the possibility of a project performance at the close of the residency
- MANAGEMENT – up to 4 five-day residencies for independent culture managing teams
- SPECIAL “SMETANA” MUSIC RESIDENCY – up to 4 three-week residencies; a public performance at the close of the residency (for more information, please see HERE)
Our goal is to support emerging as well as established professional artists in the fields of physical and mimic theatre, dance, performance and other closely related non-verbal genres.
The prospective residencies will take place from mid-April to October 2023.
HOW TO APPLY:
We ask the applicants to submit:
- their CV
- link to their website / portfolio in the PDF format
- letter of motivation as well as the statement of artistic intent for the residency including the potential public presentation of the residency’s outcome (2500 characters max.)
- preferred date and length of the prospective residency
Submission deadline: 9 August 2022
The results will be announced on 14 August 2022 at https://studiohrdinu.cz/en/rezidence/.
- The length of the residencies will depend on the granted funding for 2023.
- The residents are offered accommodation and space for their practice.
- Financial participation of the residents amounts to 20 % of the residency’s costs.
- The residents also cover their travel costs and boarding.
Contact: Jan Horák, email@example.com, +420 603 342 045