- A small paradise south-west from Prague, with a dance hall, garden with fully grown trees as well as flat grassy area for rehearsals, terraces for meetings, quietness, calmness, and accommodation. In addition, an experienced theatre technician and lighting designer, Frantisek Fabian, and director, musician, performer, Katerina Eva Lanci, offer our residents in-house consultations. Residents are welcome to stay with their children and pets. Clean, comfortable, compact. There are woods, fields, trails, and natural swimming pool. It is a place where poetry lives.
STUDIOS / REHEARSAL ROOMS:
- Dance hall in the barn (7 × 11 m2), cushioned dance floor or wood floor
- The hall is heated; drums and other instruments available; sound equipment, looper, projector; there is basic lighting equipment (a small dimmer) – it is minimal but sufficient to create an atmosphere for rehearsals. Window blackout curtains are available. We have a small theatre fund, you can work with our costumes and props.
- This place is ideal for small art groups of 2 to 8 people, maximum 15 people (10 sleeping on beds, 5 on sleeping mats). More people could fit but sleeping would not be so comfortable. It is possible to stay in tents, and to use the second bathroom located in the house.
- There is a kitchen behind the barn that is available for your cooking. Two grocery stores are located in the village of Drozdov; there is also Czech cuisine in the nearby Cerhovice (a 15-min walk) or fusion cuisine in Horovice, restaurant Na Krete (10 min by car), pizza, also delivery.
- Consultations with Frantisek Fabian regarding lighting design/use of technical equipment for performances. Direction and choreography supervision with Katerina Eva Lanci, who can also assist with your voice training and singing. We can provide contact information regarding visual art presentations at the nearby castle Tocnik (artworks could be also exhibited in the Barn, for a small number of visitors, up to 20 people).