REZI.DANCE v lese z. s. publishes an OPEN CALL for 2024 in the residency program AIR 24.
For the seventh year now, we have issued an OPEN CALL for artistic projects that emphasize quality and long-term research and want to delve deeply into their artistic development.
We are looking for projects/artists who explore art as a tool to reflect on the current situation. As an artist residential house located in the countryside in the unique environment of South Bohemia, in the heart of the old landscape of Doudlebsk, we encourage artists to draw inspiration from the place and use the solitude (and presence) that our surrounding environment provides. REZI.DANCE allows all artists to enter an immersive space of creation so that the artistic process can develop and thrive . We support and welcome the involvement of local residents and the municipality of Komařice in creative processes and artistic interventions.
We offer artist residencies in the following categories and the indicated time subsidy:
- 6 artist residencies // ideal length of residency 10 days. Projects that are at the very beginning of research, the residency is the initial entry into the project.
GO, HONEY, GO!
- 7 residential stays // idea length of residence 12 days. Projects that are already in the process of long-term research are in the phase of processing already obtained material.
- 5 residential stays // ideal length of residence 3 – 5 days. For cultural organizations that need intensive time for meetings – organizational changes in the organization, moving to new premises, preparations for festivals.
HEAD IN COMA
- 2 residential stays // ideal length of residence 14 days. Academic residency, translation of texts, writing professional dance literature.
BODY IN REGION
- 1 residential stay // ideal length of residence 3 – 4 weeks. An artistic residency on the border between land art, site specific performance, architecture and through these forms community work with the public. The resulting work will be presented at the Harvest festival in 2025 . REZI.DANCE is a co-producer of the project and the selected artist/group will receive a fee of NOK 30,000. For this category, we do not require the financial contribution listed below.
In order to achieve maximum support and creative freedom, the REZI.DANCE team provides all production support. We are here to help you with any logistical, technical questions, but also with production, dramaturgy and other artistic questions that arise as needed. We see our role in the residency as supporters of the entire creative process.
Presentation of the results of artistic residencies is not required. If artists are interested in presenting their research to the public, the REZI.DANCE team will arrange audiences and assist in finding a venue for the presentation. We handle these requests on a case-by-case basis.
We are an artist residence house that is child friendly, so from time to time we provide space for artists with children.
The association REZI.DANCE covers most of the costs for resident accommodation and rehearsal space. However, since the AIR residency program is only partially subsidized from public sources, the residents selected by us participate in the total costs of the creative stay in a symbolic but important amount for the running of REZI.DANCE :
- accommodation – 1 person / night: 75,- (3 EUR)
- dance studio – 1 day: 225,- ( 9 EUR ) – if you share the hall with another residence, the amount is 115,- for one residence.
Residents pay for food and transport from their own resources – there is an equipped kitchen at REZI.DANCE, there is a shop with regional food on site, several excellent restaurants within 10 km.
There is a regular bus line to Komařice from České Budějovice. If necessary, it is also possible to go from ČB by train to Trocnov or by bus to Strážkovice. It is possible to arrange a pick-up from these stops after prior agreement with us. Information about connections here: www.idos.cz.
The POD JAVORY residential house is located in the south of Bohemia, in Komařice. Don’t look for us directly in the forest, but in the village, which is, of course, 5 minutes from the forest. The residential house is a former farm, with an enclosed yard, near a forest, meadows, groves and ponds.
You can find more information about the residential house here >> .
- project description – min. one A4
- motivation letter – why would you like to work in Komařice?
Please send the required documents by: September 10, 2023 to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adriana Světíková – director of Nová síť z. s.
- Jaro Viňarský – dancer, performer, director of SKOK z. s.
- Markéta Málková – director of REZI.DANCE v les z. s.
The results of the OPEN CALL will be published in OCTOBER 2023 .
If you do not fit into the selected categories or your project was not selected, and you would still like to come and create at REZI.DANCE, it is possible to rent our space.
For more information, please call or write to: Markéta – +420 733 722 130/ email@example.com
Thank you and we look forward to it!!