This year Nová síť z. s. will support 6 projects with artists’ or managers’ residency in the Czech Republic and Norway. Thanks to the support of mobility and networking by the European Union through the National Recovery Plan and the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic, Czech-Norwegian cooperation and cultural exchange will be strengthened.
CZECH-NORWEGIAN RESIDENCY PROGRAMME
Since 2020, Nová síť and Surnadal Billag, a partner organisation, have been running a programme supporting residencies for artistic and cultural management collectives from the Czech Republic and Norway working in performing arts. This year included, applicants interested in supporting the development of their project through a residency had the opportunity to apply for the call opened during March. The financial and administrative support is intended for both the residents and the host organisation. Selected projects will receive €100 per person/day and will be provided with facilities for their residency including accommodation for 7-14 days.
This programme is intended for artistic and cultural management collectives of 2-5 people working in contemporary theatre, dance and other related performance-based genres. Three collectives from Norway will be provided with a residency in the Czech Republic in selected host organisations within the platform www.artinres.cz. Three Czech teams will make a residency happen at the Norwegian residency centre Surnadal Billag in the rural area of Surnadalsøra.
The goal of the Czech-Norwegian residency programme is to support international mobility and networking, and provide residents with opportunities for new experiences and development of their skills and competencies.
By providing artists’ residencies, the programme aims to support creative process and emergence of new projects in performing arts, with special attention to projects transcending the boundaries of theatre, dance, performance, and fine art. With managers’ residencies it supports teams dedicated, in particular, to cultural development in the regions. The goal is also to strengthen capacities and share experience with a partner organisation.
A total of 28 projects applied for the call – 18 from the Czech republic and 10 from Norway. 20 artistic and 8 management collectives expressed interest. Thank you all for applying!
The following residencies have been supported with a total amount of 700 000 CZK and will take place in the period May-October 2023:
RESIDENCIES IN NORWAY:
- Artistic collective Le Cabaret Nomade – Marie Svobodová, Aude Stulírová Martin, Jazmína Piktorová / project Fontanela / host organisation Surnadal Billag
- Artistic collective Studio MoreThenThat – Nitish Jain, Mara Ingea, Raaghav Dhingra, Lara Hereu / project Cradle, Fragments / host organisation Surnadal Billag
- Management collective Velvareum, Fujaré, Farmstudio, Sladovna – Kateřina Linhartová, Honza Petružela, Pavel Matela, Adam Langer / host organisation Surnadal Billag
RESIDENCIES IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC:
- Artistic collective Øy – Ellen Jerstad, Georgiana Dobre, Alejandro Chellet, Maiken Rye, Annike Flo – project Future Species / host organisation Waldstein Loggia
- Management collective KRA – Kunst Rom Arbeid – Ingvild Maria Thingnes, Eduardo, Scaramuzza, Anna Klungre / host organisation CO.LABS
- Management collective Surnadal Billag & Kristiansand Kunsthall: Jon Arne Mogstad, Cecilie Nissen / host organisations REZI.DANCE, Sladovna, GAMPA, Bohemia Farmstudio
The Czech-Norwegian residency programme is organised in 2023 by Nová síť z. s. with the financial support of the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic, the National Recovery Plan, and the European Union.