CZECH-NORWEGIAN RESIDENCY PROGRAMME
Since 2020, Nová síť and Surnadal Billag, a partner organisation, have been running a programme supporting residencies for artistic and cultural management collectives from the Czech Republic and Norway working in performing arts. This year included, applicants from Norway are invited to submit applications for support of a residency in a selected residency centre in the Czech Republic until 21 March. Selected applicants will receive €100 per person/day and will be provided with facilities for their residency including accommodation for 7-14 days.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 21 March 2023, 23:59
RESIDENCY PERIOD: May – November 2023
This call is intended for artistic and cultural management collectives from Norway for a residency in the Czech Republic at a selected host organisations listed at www.artinres.cz.
Artistic and cultural management collectives working in Norway in contemporary theatre, dance and other related performance-based genres can apply for admission to the programme.
Based on the call, groups of 2-5 people will be assisted. In 2023, we plan to support about 3 projects with a residency.
The goal of the Czech-Norwegian residency programme is to support international mobility and networking, and provide residents with opportunities for new experiences and development of their skills and competencies.
Artists’ residencies: The programme aims to support creative process and emergence of new projects in performing arts, with special attention to projects transcending the boundaries of theatre, dance, performance, and fine art.
Managers’ residencies: The programme supports teams dedicated, in particular, to cultural development in the regions. The goal is also to strengthen capacities and share experience with the host organisation.
The call is for residencies taking place in the calendar period from 1 May to 30 November 2023.
- Artists’ residencies at the selected host organisation lasting from 7 to 14 days will be supported.
- Managers’ residencies at the selected host organisation lasting from 7 to 10 days will be supported.
The Czech-Norwegian residency programme financially supports both the residents and the host organisations.
- Support for residents: €100 / day / person
- Support for host organisations: a fixed amount of 1,000 CZK / day + 400 CZK / person / day + 5,000 CZK honorarium.
Residents’ remuneration is intended to cover costs related to the residency. The amount will be paid based on a mandate agreement.
As part of the aforementioned support, the host organisation will provide the residents with accommodation and working facilities, and will take care of the successful course of the residency. Participants are responsible for their own meals.
Other services outside the scope (such as meals, technical equipment, etc.) are subject to the residents’ individual agreement with the host organisation and may be subject to the residents’ financial contribution.
OUTPUT FROM THE RESIDENCY:
The residency shall be completed with an output available to the public, documented in a final report and with photographs.
- Artist’s residency: may include a verbal presentation or a sample of work from the residency presented to the host organisation’s wider community in any format – such as a work-in-progress presentation or a public intervention in space followed up with a Q&A session with the attending audience
- Manager’s residency: may include sharing know-how, knowledge, experience, and results from the residency with the host organisation’s wider community
AVAILABLE HOST ORGANISATIONS:
Below is a list of available host organisations including a link to their online profile. Please pay attention to the specifics of each residency centre – what they offer and require – and choose a place that fits your project and needs.
- Bohatice Mayor’s House
- Bohemia Farmstudio
- Cabin Studio
- Community Centre Blatná
- The City Theatre Varnsdorf
- SE.S.TA – Žďár nad Sázavou Estate
- Open call announced: 1 March 2023
- Submission deadline: 21 March 2023
- Results announced: no later than 10 April 2023
- Residency period: 1 May – 30 November 2023
HOW TO APPLY:
- Find the application form here: https://forms.gle/4zC23TYmGEcAnfLa9
- The form includes: project description, project intent and residency goal, production team, technical requirements, professional CV, and a brief cover letter.
For any questions, please contact the project manager, Tereza Lacmanová: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Czech-Norwegian residency programme is organised in 2023 by Nová síť z.s. with the financial support of the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic, the National Recovery Plan, and the European Union.
Cover potography: Bohemia Farmstudio, Pavel Matela